The RotorSchmiede VA115 ultralight is only the kick-off to the development and production of RotorSchmiede helicopters. Already under development, the two-seat, enclosed RotorSchmiede VA250 ultralight will revolutionize the helicopter market with its flight characteristics, unrivaled payload of 250 kg, space to allow both passengers to load carry-on luggage, and its target price of 150,000 EUR net. The RotorSchmiede VA250 ultralight is due for first flight in 2019.
- full-fledged two-seat helicopter
- type certification process according to German LTF-ULH-02/19
- new generation patented high performance coaxial rotor system
- thermally unlimited hovering time
- outstanding low empty mass
- payload of 250 kg
- unparalleled low operating cost
Concept & Vision
Enjoy our early concept drawings. The final exterior design will be published soon.
- engine and cooling system ground tests succesful
- first flight scheduled before end of 2019
“Für rund 150.000 EUR Netto soll der Hubschrauber ab 2020 ausgeliefert werden. Angesichts des Tempos, das die Münchner beim Einsitzer vorgelegt haben, ist das durchaus ernst zu nehmen.”
[“For a net price of about 150.000 EUR, delivery of the helicopter shall start in 2020. Considering the pace of the Munich Team in developing the single seat helicopter, this statement should be taken very seriously.”]
See the full report: www.aerokurier.de